Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Stuff Part 1

Well it's only January 1st and I've already begun making some headway on my 25 in 25 list. Here are the highlights!

17. Get a digital camera



I got myself a Canon Powershot SD1000 and so far I'm lovin' it! Funny how I went so long without a camera. I'm really excited that I'll actually be able to capture all the fun upcoming activities myself and not rely on Katie's camera anymore. Good times!

24. Keep a gratitude journal



I bought a lovely journal from Barnes & Noble and even though I've never been the best at daily updating of anything, I hope I can keep up with this one.

25. Buy 15 classic albums from the Rolling Stone 500

-Bob Dylan: The Essential Bob Dylan



So my mom might not be so up on this one, but I love Bob Dylan and it's totally stupid that I don't own any of his stuff. Rather than pick up Blood on the Tracks, Blonde on Blonde or any of the other classic Dylan albums, I decided to get the two-disc compilation of all of his hits. It's just nice having "It Ain't Me, Babe", "Lay, Lady, Lay", "Hurricane", and "Things Have Changed" all on one set. Perhaps I'll flesh out my collection in the years to come.

Upcoming goals for the month:

1. Finish notes on all Hitchcock films
I plan on doing notes on Stage Fright, Foreign Correspondent, Saboteur, and To Catch a Thief.

8. Read 12 books
Last night I finished A Drink Before the War, the first book in Dennis Lehane's Patrick Kenzie/Angie Gennaro series. I got the other four books for Christmas so I plan on reading the next one, Darkness, Take My Hand this month.

21. Watch at least one documentary every month
I've got a few in my Netflix queue that should be coming in the next couple weeks: Born into Brothels which won the Academy Award for Best Documentary in 2005 and Why We Fight which won the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance in 2005.

No comments: