Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Dark Knight

I don't know about you peeps but I'm getting redonkulously excited for The Dark Knight. Perhaps it was the trailer I recently watched or the latest poster Marcus had displayed in its lobby when I went to see Atonement last weekend. I just get more pumped about it with every passing day.

It's funny how I was so skeptical when I first heard that Heath Ledger would be playing The Joker, and now he's the main reason I want to see the movie. If you haven't seen the trailer yet, please do so as soon as possible. His laugh gives me the fucking chills every time. Meanwhile, here's a little photo tribute courtesy of those lovely folks at Rotten Tomatoes.











5 comments:

nik von H said...

AHHHH I can't wait to see this too!!!!

Miss Organizized said...

Omg I finally just watched the trailer...DANG B!!! And I do actually like how he taps into Jack a little bit ;)

Amanda said...

I know! It's amazing how he channels Jack but at the same time I feel like it's going to be a totally authentic performance. Ohhh Heath.

Monica O'Neill said...

DUDE! So weird that you wrote this entry like AH week before Heath Ledger died. It's eerie to read where you say "at first i was skeptical about heath ledger playing the Joker" -crazy! I heard a Rumor that they are editing him out completely! that would be so sad. but they had to do that in Bad Santa for John Ritter and it was just weird. But that was random movie that didn't have a very rich plotline :)

Amanda said...

I know!! I thought the same thing after he died. Sooo eerie. Now whenever I want to write about an actor I love, I feel like I'm going to curse him!! I didn't hear that rumor about the Joker, but I hope it isn't true. That would totally ruin the movie! I mean I can see them postponing the release date so people have time to mourn and recover. But to edit out what will probably be one of his best roles ever? That would just be horrible.