Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Quarter Life Crisis?

Nah. I'm excited to be turning 25 in a few weeks. For awhile I was dreading this age. For whatever reason I found it scary to be a quarter century old. But it also feels like the year I'm finally going to turn into the person I've always wanted to be. I've got a lot of goals for 2008 and I think I've given myself quite a variety of things to tackle. It'll be tough but if I can accomplish all of them, I'll definitely come out of this year a stronger and happier person.

25 Goals for my 25th Year

1. Finish notes on all Hitchcock films (3-4 per month)
2. Take another acting class
3. Break my 'times I've seen a single movie in the theater' record (currently holds at 5 with Spider-Man
4. Pay Katie and David back
5. Go on a date (I am allergic to dating so this is, in fact, going to be a challenge)
6. Give up alcohol for Lent
7. Improve digestive health (vitamins, less stress, more fiber, less alcohol, etc.)
8. Read 12 books (7/12)
Darkness, Take My Hand - Dennis Lehane
Faith of My Fathers - John McCain
No Country for Old Men - Cormac McCarthy
Sacred - Dennis Lehane
The Rules of Attraction - Bret Easton Ellis
Bringing Down the House - Ben Mezrich
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

9. Do at least one freelance writing piece for profit
10. Cater a cocktail party
11. Build savings account (at least $100 a month)
12. Go to the Milwaukee Art Museum
13. Eat at one new restaurant every month
14. Volunteer with at least one charitable group
15. Donate $5 to 1-3 charities of your choosing every month
16. Take up meditation/find a serene place in the city to meditate
17. Get a digital camera
18. Create a food blog with recipes and pictures
19. Go to the opera, symphony or ballet
20. Attend the Triduum at St. John’s
21. Watch at least one documentary every month
22. Run a 5K
23. Do a Pilates Challenge (30 sessions in 60 days)
24. Keep a gratitude journal
25. Buy 15 classic albums from the Rolling Stone 500 (8/15)
-Bob Marley & The Wailers: Legend
-Bob Dylan: The Essential Bob Dylan
-The Mamas and the Papas: If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears
-Cyndi Lauper: She’s So Unusual
-U2: Achtung Baby

-Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
-Todd Rundgren: Something/Anything
-Neil Young: After the Gold Rush

Wish me luck!

No comments: