Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Talented Mr. Davies

Don't you just love it when a person who you've looked at a hundred times and felt nothing toward suddenly has this magic about him? Well, for me that happened last Thursday night when a handsome, young gent called Jeremy Davies appeared for the first time in my favorite TV series, Lost.


I always thought he was a cute guy but compared with the Adrien Brodys and Javier Bardems of the world, it takes a lot more than 'cute' to catch Zeetlebug's attention. So what was it about this time? I really don't know. Maybe it's his character, Daniel Faraday, and the adorably neurotic way he stumbles around the island. Or perhaps Charlie's death left me desperate for another misunderstood yet unabashedly sweet character to root for. I'm not sure what it is but I feel like this is going to be a rough one for me to shake. Not since Sylar from Heroes has a television character left me so dumbfounded and giddy.

And as luck would have it, turns out I'm not the only one crushing on Mr. Davies. E-dubs has once again read my mind (or am I reading theirs?) and put the man at the top of their Must List for the week...


I really didn't think Lost could get any better but with the introduction of Daniel Faraday, it truly has. Now I just have to hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as our dear friend, Charlie.

4 comments:

Save_The_Hobbit said...

I have no idea who you are and I forget already how I stumbled across this, but I too am in absolute love with Daniel Faraday.

...and I too think I may be in love with him because my heart needs to fill the hole that was created when Charlie died. :p

I think he's an autistic savant. If he dies, I'm going straight to the Lost offices and shooting everyone in there. Hopefully they too have either had their kidneys removed, are wearing bullet-proof vests, or are Mikhail and therefore immortal.

Foreveruntamed said...

I have to agree with you both more, there is just something about Daniel Faraday. At lunch this past Saturday I was with my best friend and rambling on and on about Lost and Daneil Faraday. My best friend just looked at me like I was crazy. Of Course, her heart belongs to Sawyer, so you can understand her confusion..

Eloise said...

I have been in love with the loverly Jeremy Davies since seeing him in the "Millon Dollar Hotel". "Spanking the Monkey" is another good movie and he is adorable in the indie movie "CQ".
What a doll! I bet he is gay??

Axalendra said...

i too have been stricken by Daniel Faraday fever.
i wonder if the minds behind Lost are trying to kill me. first they kill off Charlie, then Claire runs off with her weirdo ghost dad and Aaron is left in the real world with Sawyer's baby mama and love child, then they introduce a whole batch of new bright-eyed, promising characters and i instantly fell in love with Danny and Charlotte. then they kill Charlotte which makes Danny sad and then what do they do, they have Danny shot by his own mum while she's still pregnant with him. Why are they so cruel?!
oh, and why pray-tell, is Desmond not in the story line anymore? Dessy is a sexy Scotsman therefore, he must be in every episode doing sexy Scotsman stuff in a kilt!
*sigh* i miss Danny and his wacko-science-twitchy-talk