Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oscar predictions!

Okay, I have just enough time in my busy day to squeeze this post in. As some of you may know I am sans Internet at my apartment and now sans job so I'm spending only a limited amount of my time online every week. I have no idea if I'll be back on here before Sunday night so here are my Oscar predictions a few days early. Enjoy!

Best Picture
No Country for Old Men

Best Director
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men

Best Actress
Julie Christie, Away From Her

Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood

Best Supporting Actress
Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone
(This is the category where I'm most likely to be wrong but I've gotta stand by my lady!)

Best Supporting Actor
Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men

Best Original Screenplay
Diablo Cody, Juno

Best Adapted Screenplay
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men

Best Foreign Film
The Counterfeiters (Austria)

Best Animated Feature Film
Ratatouille

Best Original Score
Atonement

Best Original Song
"Falling Slowly" from Once

Best Achievement in Cinematography
No Country for Old Men

Best Achievement in Film Editing
No Country for Old Men
(Apparently everyone is predicting that The Bourne Ultimatum will snag this prize but I can't in good conscience vote for anyone but the lovely and talented 'Roderick Jaynes')

Best Achievement in Art Direction
There Will Be Blood

Best Achievement in Costume Design
Sweeney Todd

Achievement in Makeup
La Vie en Rose

Best Documentary Feature
No End in Sight

Best Documentary Short
Sari's Mother

Best Short Film - Animated
I Met the Walrus

Best Short Film - Live Action
Tanghi Argentini

Achievement in Visual Effects
Transformers

Achievement in Sound Mixing
Transformers

Achievement in Sound Editing
Transformers

Alrighty, kids, this was one TOUGH year to predict let me just tell you. The crop of talent is mindboggling and if I'm wrong about every category it's because almost everyone nominated this year deserves to win. The Oscar voters had a difficult job and I won't be disgruntled with any of them should my peeps not land the big prize. I wish everyone the best of luck particularly DDL, Javi, Amy, the Two-Headed Director, Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, Charles Ferguson, and Roger Deakins.

1 comment:

Miss Organizized said...

I loved your bit about "Roderick Jaynes" as well as the "Two Headed Director" ;)

We gotta make snacks!!