Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I have to say it was a good month

So I do this Favorite Things list every month and usually I'll just post it on MySpace. But since I rarely go there these days, I thought I'd relocate my monthly nostalgia fest to this blog. February, despite its obvious setbacks, was a truly wonderful time for me. I've spent most of my time reading, writing, watching documentaries and fantastic cable television shows, cooking, driving around town, and generally just enjoying myself. And the best part is, I was paid to do all of it! So here's a little rundown of the highlights...

-the Giants winning the Super Bowl
-Jeremy Davies
-reading about John McCain
-The Lady Vanishes, Saboteur
-dinners at the Metro Bar & Café and Buckley’s
-Johnny Depp on Inside the Actor’s Studio
-the Super Bowl ep of Seinfeld
-Lost
-white cheddar cheese puffs
-baking a bunch of brownies and cup cakes for peeps at work on my last day
-moving on from C-K
-The Hoax
-Breaking Bad on AMC
-Bryan Cranston
-the cute guy in the political science section at Half Price Books
-Dexter on CBS
-iced tea with mint and lemon
-Mika
-Jacob from Intervention
-watching MSNBC in the morning
-re-reading my U.S. history “magic” book
-keeping the apartment clean
-learning about Vietnam and the Nixon presidency
-spending my afternoons at Barnes and Borders
-Dennis Lehane books
-Christian winning Fan Favorite on Project Runway
-my late Feb mix CD
-Kevin Spacey in American Beauty
-Why We Fight
-dessert at the Knick and brunch at Café Hollander with K
-The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
-the Oscars
-David Archuleta, Michael Johns, David Cook, and David Hernandez from AI

Here's hoping I can make March just as lovely and I get a new job to boot.

No comments: