Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The show must go on

Fedora? Check.

Suspenders? Check.

Black gloves? Check.

But it wasn't that Pasha was sporting three of the sexiest pieces of attire known to man last night, it was that he conveniently left out a shirt from the ensemble. The result? The sweetest and most intoxicating piece of eye candy So You Think You Can Dance has ever given me. Oh and the dancing was pretty spectacular as well.



Did this make Pasha's departure all the more gut wrenching and horrible? Well I'm a coffee mug half-full kinda person so I'd like to say that it was instead the perfect way for Pasha to leave his mark and say goodbye. While I think he's the hottest male dancer, the biggest sweetheart, and the greatest dance partner of the crew, I would have to bestow the "best solo dancer" prize on either Neil or Sabra. The way the two of them come alive on stage makes them more than great dancers in my eyes. Heart, soul, energy, vulnerability...it's all there. And while Danny and Lacey are phenomenally talented, I do feel their performances have lacked emotional depth for the most part. Danny really did win me over in last four weeks but there just weren't enough of his routines that touched me the way Neil and Sabra's did.

So we've come to the end. I'm sad to see one of my favorite summer shows drawing closer and closer to its inevitable conclusion, but I had the absolute time of my life being apart of it and that makes me very happy. I wish all the dancers the best of luck with this competition and beyond, and I look forward to seeing how each one of them evolves in the coming years.

No comments: