Thursday, November 6, 2008

October hodgepodgery

Okay I feel like I kinda slacked off this month, but that's cool. I did accomplish the one thing on my list that was the most daunting, and that meant everything.

13. Eat at one new restaurant every month

Well let's see, this month I ate at several new places. Nate took me to Samurai, a sushi restaurant in Glendale that was wonderful. And the techno Happy Birthday music was just icing on the cake ;) I ate at Fat Abbey with the fam and had the most delicious blackberry turkey sandwich and sweet potato fries. We also went to a lot of great places in Galena, Il...my favorite being One Eleven Main which had probably the best mac n cheese I've ever tasted.

15. Donate $5 to 1-3 charities of your choosing every month

This month I donated $30 to the Amputee Coalition of America. I was inspired by a storyline I saw on ER last week. One of the doctors was in a really horrible accident and lost both his legs. He came back in last week's episode and had been given prosthetic legs. He and another doctor actually went for a jog in one of the scenes and it was amazing to me. And speaking of jogging...

22. Run a 5K



Yep, I actually ran a motherfucking 5K. It was the Lakefront Discovery Run and I finished it in about 33 minutes. Yeah, I can't believe it either. But it was one of the single greatest experiences in my life especially because I had my family and Nate there to congratulate me afterward. I really have to thank my step-dad for all the advice and encouragement throughout the year. I couldn't have done it without him :)

3 comments:

Miss Organizized said...

RESULTS!!! I found them!!!

just type in your name!

You were only a minute above average which is INFREAKINGCREDIBLE considering you just started and this was your first race. AMAZING!!! I'm so proud :D (and the fact that I missed you finishing still hurts WAH!)

Amanda said...

Awww thanks so much! Wow that is super cool! Makes me think this little multiple week hiatus from running should probably come to an end soon... ;-)

Diana Laurence said...

More stats to share! Manzi, you came in 65th out of 110 women...that is really amazing for your first race! I was always happy just not to be last!

And did you guys notice that Davie came in 15th? ROCK!!!