Sunday, November 30, 2008

November hodgepodgery

Wow, I was one busy little bee in November but I still managed to get some major things accomplished. So let's get started!

4. Pay Katie and David back

Yes, I finally paid my sis and step-dad back after all these years. $750 later...I feel a TON of relief. Now I just have to start chippin' away at that chunk I owe my mom... ;)

8. Read 12 books (7/12)



This month I finished Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, which is appropriate since the movie came out and is doing extremely well at the box office. I absolutely LOVED this book and thus I asked for the remaining three of the series for Christmas.

10. Cater a cocktail party

Katie and I hosted a harvest cocktail party at my parents' house the weekend before Thanksgiving and it was a total success and such a blast to plan, organize, and execute. Together we prepared Spiced Mixed Nuts, Crackers with Brie & Fig Spread, Butternut Squash & Apple Soup, Cranberry-BBQ Meatballs, Fried Ravioli with Pumpkin Dipping Sauce, and Pecan Pie Bars & Pumpkin Bread. The guests loved the food which made me so happy I may have to do it every year!













13. Eat at one new restaurant every month



Well I didn't technically eat at a new restaurant but I did get to do something I've wanted to do all year and that's try the brunch and infamous Bloody Mary at Bayou. So Nate and I headed there one lovely Saturday morning and I got the Chicken & Waffles and a Blackened Bloody Mary. Both were amazing. In fact I even ordered a second Bloody, and I can honestly say it's the best in the city.

15. Donate $5 to 1-3 charities of your choosing every month

This month I donated $5 to the Hunger Task Force through the food drive Kohl's is running Nov-Dec. I also donated $25 to the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.


So I only have one month left to tackle this list and it's no secret that I'm not going to get it all done. But the holidays are meant to be enjoyed so I'm not going to bust my hump to do 478727 things. I'm definitely going to try my best to get as much done and be proud of the accomplishments that I do achieve.

4 comments:

nik von H said...

holy shit I look like a fat, blonde chinese person in that picture!!!! I thought black was slimming.....barf.

You guys look gorg though, and that food was AHmazing.

We need to do a cozy christmas get together :)

Miss Organizized said...

Oh hush! YOU look gorge!! That party was off the chizzle and now I want more fried ravioli!!

And heck YES we should do a cozy Christmas get together. Um I think I might have asked about the night of Friday, Dec 12th when we get back from Chicago...like Blu or Centanni or something??

nik von H said...

Oh yes! You're correct. I think that should still work!

Hey cross your fingers, I have a job interview Friday!

nik von H said...

I need to stop looking at this, it's making my hungry.

By the way, I bought some Fireside yesterday...deeeeelicious.

Oh, and I wrote a new blog.