Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sigh

I'm taking this moment to reflect upon something. I don't often do this in my blog (there's a reason I abandoned LiveJournal) but this time I think it's important. Today was a really shitty work day. I won't go into the details although I will say that it had way too much of one thing (tedious bullshit) and not nearly enough of another (a certain lad I've recently taken to) and thus I came to a very valid conclusion. No matter how sad it will be to leave all of my friends here, and no matter how scary it will be to start a new job, I know now that it's the absolute best thing for me that I'm moving on. Yes, my job is easy. Yes, my job is comfortable. But my job is doing absolutely nothing for my peace of mind or my happiness, with the exception of the aforementioned friends and that certain lad.

So the point of this post is to tell myself to remember this moment. When times get tough and I wish I was back here, I need to read this post. Because there are truly times when I literally feel my soul being sucked into the asbestos infested vents. If you think I'm being dramatic than you've obviously never worked in a corporate office before. Most of the time I just have to laugh because it's all so ridiculous.

I'll admit, you've caught me on a bit of a bad day. Most of the time all of this stuff just bounces off of me and I really don't care. And I think if you let your job get the best of you then you are a sucker. Sometimes though it's good to recognize when you may be wasting your life. I think I have finally reached that point, and it couldn't have come at a better time.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Gosh, I feel like my soul has been sucked every day...I never thought to throw in asbestos filled vents!! That is a great phrase.

Keep your chin up, you'll be moving on and out of that bad enviornment soon.