Sunday, April 12, 2009

And so it ends...

Well the Lenten season is officially complete. I must say that Lent for me was very challenging this year but I am amazed at how much I've grown because of it. I faced a number of difficult situations that I could not rely on alcohol to make easier. Bad days at work, relationship hurdles, PMS, all of it I had to deal with on my own. I had to face the hard truths about many things and while it often felt like way more than I could handle, I did it. I grabbed the beast by the horns and took that son of a bitch out. Now that I've been through this, I honestly feel like there isn't anything I can't do.

I'm also very proud of what I accomplished in this time. I made a list of eight things I wanted to do/improve in this time and I think I did a very good job with it.

1. Exercise
I began running again and just this past week I got back up to 16 minutes. My last run was amazing and I remembered once again why I love it so much. My goal is to run a 5K at the end of June and maybe even the Storm the Bastille 5K in July.

2. Do something useful after work every day
This time has been amazingly precious to me. I've gotten to run errands, do stuff around the apartment, hang out with Natertots more, and cook some great meals for us. Speaking of which...

3. Cook more
I'm really proud of this one. I've gotten back into cooking because of my earlier work schedule and it's awesome. I've made coconut lime tilapia with mango quinoa, Italian vegetable soup, buffalo chicken pizza, spinach-artichoke pizza, Mexican casserole, pecan crusted tilapia with cheddar jalapeno sweet potatoes, and lots and lots of dips ;) I'm REALLY looking forward to all the yummy seasonal dishes I'm going to make in the summer.

4. Eliminate unnecessary stress
I think I can always improve on this one but I've gotten so much better. My PMS week in March was amazing because I made the decision at the start of it to relax and not let anything too small get to me. It did wonders. I think it's remarkable the kind of attitude change that can take place if you just put your mind to it.

5. Watch more movies
Ahhh nice, quiet Friday nights with Nate watching movies. This was wonderful. And while I really missed hitting the town and having a few martinis at Blu on a Friday night, this was such a lovely alternative. Brewing a pot of coffee, eating ice cream, getting into our pajamas and curling up on the couch...those are some memories I will hold dear for a long time.

6. Spend less money
I definitely spent way less money in the last six weeks. I was able to pay off huge chunks of my credit card and even with some of the financial setbacks I had at the beginning of the year, I'm confident I will have my step-dad and mom paid back a year from now. And that'll be huge.

7. Work harder at my job
I've definitely been putting more of myself into my job this year. I think I'm starting to really find my place there and working hard gives me a lot of satisfaction at the end of the day. Since my performance review is now complete and I've received lots of great feedback from my managers, I feel like I'll be even more inspired to not only do my current job well but take on new, more challenging tasks.

8. Be a better girlfriend
During the last six weeks, my relationship has evolved in ways I can't even describe. If I think about the person I was one year ago, I cannot imagine her getting through the stuff that I've gotten through. I've really tackled some personal demons and I now feel stronger than I ever have before. It wasn't all me though. Without Nate, none of it would have been possible. He's helped me come out of my shell and he's inspired me to be the kind of person I've always wanted to be. With him by my side, there isn't any challenge I can't overcome, problem I can't solve, and goal I can't achieve.


Well there you have it peeps! Quite a little journey I took from the end of February until now. I am now looking toward the future, excited to take what I've learned and expand upon it. Thank you to everyone who helped me get through Lent even when I was a psycho bi-atch. So what are we waiting for? Let's have a drink!

12 comments:

Miss Organizized said...

HOORAY!!! I didn't realize you posted! Wow...I think you had one stellar Lent, that's for sure. And I'm super glad you stuck to your to-do list! You're definitely a model for how I would like to go about Lent next year, although I didn't do too awful I suppose. The part I'm most happy about is how much your relationship grew over those six weeks. You really did go through some struggles, but judging by how things have been these last couple weeks...you've definitely come a long way!

Amanda said...

Oh thanks for checking it out! Yeah I think people forget about my blog because I never post :-\

I appreciate your kind words, because it was definitely a challenging Lent for me this year. But as time goes by, I become more and more grateful for the growth and experience. I think I learned more in those six weeks about myself than I ever have! Pretty amazing :)

Unknown said...

If Max Keto Burn an individual that features a minimal or non-existent quantity of exercise done every week then attempting to tackle that step initial will be disastrous. If you run into the gym, before you correct your dieting deficiencies you may feel a nice deal Max Keto Burn Reviews fatigue during exercise, and possibly faintness, dizziness, and extended muscle soreness and fatigue afterwards. Read more: >>>>> https://wellnesswebpro.com/max-keto-burn-reviews/

Vanessa said...

Your all evidence so lovely or supportive in our business. Thanks for this allocation to this post here!
human translation service
translational medicine
translation services
translation book
human development translation german
b translation in english
professional translation service
cheap translation services
best translation services
language translation service

Vanessa said...

You are totally proof so charming or understanding in our business. Thanks for this apportionment to this post here!
translation service company
translation services company
translation service companies
best online translation services
best translation service
human translation services
quality translation services
translation services agency
human translation service
professional translation services online

Vanessa said...

You are fully vulnerable so attractive or kind in our business. Thanks for this distribution to this post here!
worldwide translation services
best online translation service
authorized translation service
human translation english to arabic
human translation english
translation certification sample
human translation in spanish
translation from english to spanish
near human translation
human needs translation

Vanessa said...

You are wholly helpless so beautiful or generous in our business. Thanks for this supply to this post here!
human translation online free
human translation overview
only human translation
advantages of human translation
french translation
translation jobs online
translation in urdu
p translation in spanish
translation p site
translation p/r

Vanessa said...

You are absolutely helpless so beautiful or generous in our business. Thanks for this supply to this post here!
q translation in english
translation rate per word
r translate google
translation s online
translation to english
r translate text
translation takes place in the
translation to chinese
at&t translation services
translation vector

Vanessa said...

You are absolutely helpless so beautiful or generous in our business. Thanks for this supply to this post here!
translation services
education translation services
cheap price translation
website translation
e commerce translation
pro translation services
online translation
online translation services
best online translation services
worldwide translation

Vanessa said...

I will share to your post another website or friendz.this post really helpful for business work. Keep it up
translation chinese to enlgihs
translation langauge
multiplie translation services
translation company
translation all langauge
documents translation
medical translation
books translation
professional translation service
language translation service

Vanessa said...

I will share to your post alternative website or friendz.this post truly helpful for business work. Carry on
human translation services
quality translation services
authorized translation service
best online translation service
best translation services
language translation service
translation service company

Joint Care said...

Terus-menerus kesakitan menyertai susunan sendiri masalah. Siksaan bersama, tanpa henti atau tidak, dapat menyangkal individu latihan yang mereka menghargai. Setelah beberapa waktu dan dengan memperluas tindakan penyiksaan, individu sering mengalami menyelesaikan perubahan dalam cara hidup mereka. Sayangnya, ketika pengentasan tidak tercapai dalam bangun dari mencoba beberapa strategi yang unik atau item, tidak dalam untuk mulai merasa sengsara dan tidak berdaya.
https://sites.google.com/site/imoveobatharga/